Accounting and Finance Courses in Australia
Finance and Accounting are the two business sectors that demand savvy computation and high comfort level with numbers along with a lot of perseverance.
The ability to deal with the numbers accurately is a unique skill set and this is why graduates in accounting and finance are procuring vast career opportunities and lucrative salaries.
The demand for accountants never wavers because without them any business would not be able to maintain the flow of business transactions or create strategic plans for the future.
Are you also intrigued by the supremacy and reputation of accounting? Or
The thought of job stability and potential growth in the field of accounting always excite you? Then, study in Australia can help you acquire all the professional skills you need to become a qualified accountant.
Why Study Accounting And Finance In Australia?
Australia is renowned for providing innovative and high quality education at both undergraduate and post graduate levels.
In the last five years, approximately 40,000 international students have entered the country through the accounting skilled stream. Because Australian universities are strong in research and excel in areas of education and sciences. They are also placed in the top 100 in the latest QS World University Rankings in terms of academic reputation and international student ratio.
And as the survey goes, the job opportunities in the accounting field are expected to rise in 2017. Thus study in Australia can be stepping stone to a rewarding career in accounting.
- Diploma of Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting
- Associate Degree of Accounting
- Advance Diploma of Accounting
- Certificate IV in Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting
- A valid passport
- Offer Letter from the selected university
- English Language Proficiency Certificates (IELTS 6.5 overall score with no score lower than 6.0 in each component or PTE Academic score 58 with no score lower than 50 in each component)
- Sufficient funds for the duration of your course of study
- Evidence of Overseas Students Health Cover
- All other relevant documents required by the Department of Home Affairs
- Eligibility requirements may vary depending upon the profile of the candidate
Professional Year Program
One of the major reasons behind the growth of international students with accounting degrees in Australia is the Professional Year Program in Accounting or The Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting (SMIPA). This program is developed for overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree gain understanding of Australian culture, ethics and expectations.
The program is composed for 44 weeks with 12-week internship placement with a relevant host company. The successful completion of the program also helps international students attract 5 points under the GSM points test for permanent residency in Australia.