Diploma of Nursing in Australia
The Diploma of Nursing qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to get registered as an Enrolled Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
It generally takes 1.5 to 2 years to complete Diploma of Nursing. One can specialise in different areas including general nursing, medical administration, and infection control.
The course comprises of 25 units (20 core units and 5 elective units). It is delivered by a combination of theory, laboratory, simulated practise and professional experience placements.
To be eligible to study Diploma of Nursing in Australia, it is mandatory to:
- Be at least 18 years old or above
- Complete a minimum year 12 or equivalent
- Achieve a minimum band score of 6 in IELTS (with no individual band score less than 6.0) OR 50 in PTE (with no communicative score less than 50) OR 237 in TOEFL
Additionally, applicants are required to have successfully completed a LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) test and exhibit competency at Level 4. Applicants are also required to provide evidence of following things to get eligible for professional experience placements:
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Immunisation record
On successful completion of the course, one is able to:
- Develop an understanding of nursing profession and the delivery of healthcare as professionals
- Practise nursing in a safe and proficient manner by adhering to the standards set by the professional bodies
- Identify their responsibility and other team members working in a specific provision of nursing care
- Provide comprehensive care to the clients of all age groups and demonstrate critical thinking in the delivery of specific services
- Analyse and apply evidence based practice
- Ensure quality improvement practices by participating in ongoing education programs
- Serve clients with complex care needs within the scope of enrolled nurse practice
- Get eligible for the enrolment in Bachelor of Nursing
Graduates of Diploma of Nursing in Australia can work in a variety of healthcare settings as:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nursing Educator
- Nursing Manager
- Enrolled Nurse
- Ut eleifend elit quis felis pellentesque placerat.
Want to get started with the course?
Consult our expert counsellors today and get a comprehensive assistance on best universities, enrolment, scholarship and migration to Australia.