About Employer Sponsored Visa
Employer sponsored visa works two-way. It allows the Australian employers in shortage of skilled labor to sponsor specific skilled labor to serve their business needs. And, it also allows any kind of skilled labor of a foreign country to explore their employment options with Australian employers, in case they may need their skills.
Study Plus facilitates visa processing for both of these two. There are almost nine types of visas if you want to work with your prospective employer. However, it is Standard Business Visas under Employer sponsored category which is more important and popular with both employers and employees.
Work Visas That Australia Offers:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)
- Training and Research visa (subclass 402)
- Super yacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
- Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program
- Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
It is very important for both employers and employees to have a clear understanding of these laws and regulations in order to make their applications successful. A slight error there and you lose precious time and money. Even after the visa is granted there are lot of obligations that employers and employees has to follow.
If you hold 457 visa then you can only work with the employer who has sponsored you. It is the condition of this visa.
What It Allows You To Do:
- Work in Australia for up to four years
- Bring your family to work or study in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want
Since the purpose of this visa is to address the shortage of skilled labor that Australian employers may face in their business operations, its rules and requirements keep changing as per the need of the Australian business and industry.
Note: At Study Plus we keep a close eye on each of this change that is reflected in what is called legislative instruments. It is very important that if you want to apply for this visa, you should those changes, especially the one related to the position applied for.