Information Technology Courses in Australia
With the economic insecurity these days, ensuring a career commitment is difficult in any field. However, Information Technology (IT) is one diverse sector that encompasses several jobs and career opportunities.
There are number of different careers options available for graduates in computing and information technology to choose from. The most common are database programming, information systems or computing, mobile computing, network engineering, software development, artificial intelligence and telecommunications.
Why Australia Is Considered An Ideal Destination To Study Information Technology?
Today, the information technology is one of the most demanded industries in Australia and with a career in this field, students are able to empower themselves with advancement in all aspects including business, health, entertainment and community. It has 8 of the top 100 universities in the world that offers a world-class learning experience and scholarship options for international students.
Also, it becomes easy for an international IT graduate from Australia find employment as they get an enhanced understanding of the business context and technical development to meet the challenges of working in the industry through Professional Year Program.
Professional Year Program
Professional Year is a structured program designed by the Australian Computer Society to assist international students (who have graduated from Australia) gain employment in their chosen field by acquiring the necessary skills.
It is composed of 44 weeks training under which 12 weeks are dedicated to industry internship. The successful completion of the program also allows international students get eligible for migration points towards permanent residency.
International students in Australia can also work up to 40 hours per fortnight, allowing them to earn money, gain valuable work experience and discover scholarship opportunities.
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Associate Degree in Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Certificate III in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
To get a student visa for Australia, you must:
- Hold a valid passport for the duration of your study in Australia
- Have offer letter from the selected university or institution
- Have an IELTS score 6.5 overall (with no score lower than 6.0 in each component) and PTE Academic score 58 (with no score less than 50 in each component)
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Have acceptable Overseas Health Cover (OSHC)
- Have all other legal documents listed on the Department of Home Affairs checklists
- Eligibility requirements may vary depending upon the profile of the candidate
How we help you find a pathway to Permanent Residency?
The education counsellors at Study Plus are always committed to help students choose the appropriate course and the right visa that lead them to permanent residency in Australia. We leave no stone unturned to guide you at every step when it comes to provide you the rights of Australian citizenship.
Get in touch with our experts +91 9606200831 or email at Contact@studyplus.com.au today to get a personalised assistance for a successful IT career in Australia.