Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Skilled Nominated visa is a permanent visa that enables skilled workers to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. The visa is based on points-test system and the applicant must be nominated by state or territory government in Australia. The Skilled Migrant program is conducted via SkillSelect, a database for migrants, employers and nominating state or territory governments.
If you are seeking assistance in this visa category, Discuss your Case with us today.
How to successfully apply for this visa?
In order to successfully apply for this visa, you will need to complete following steps:
Step 1: Nominate an occupation for yourself based on your qualifications and skills and that occupation must be on the Medium to Long-term Strategic Skills List. You must also ensure that the occupation you have chosen is also on the list of the state/s or territory you wish to be nominated by.
Step 2: Check that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Over the age of 45
- Have a positive skills assessment
- Meet the minimum points test mark of 65 points or more
- Meet competent english requirement (i.e. IELTS score of 6 or PTE score of 50 in each of the four components of the test OR an equivalent score in any other official English tests such as Cambridge Advanced English, Occupational English Test and TOEFL)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Not have had a visa cancelled or refused since your last substantive visa you held if you are in Australia
Step 3: Complete a Skills Assessment
Step 4: Submit an expression of interest (EOI) in SkillSelect in order to be invited to apply for the visa. After receiving an invitation to apply, you can apply for the visa.
Step 5: Apply to the relevant State or Territory department and once successful, be selected through SkillSelect and get an invitation to apply for the visa depending on your ranking and overall score in the round of invitation.
Step 6: Gather your documents and apply for the visa.
It is important to know that you must file your visa application within 60 days from the day you are invited to apply, otherwise the invitation lapses. Thus, you must prepare your supporting documents for filing the visa at the earliest. If you have family members you can include your partner or your children.
You can be onshore or offshore when you apply for this visa. We can assist you in preparing your visa application, Contact Us.
Advantages of Subclass 190 visa
- Benefits of Australian permanent residence for you and your family
- Work and live in Australia indefinitely with no restrictions except that you live and work in the nominated state or territory for initial 2 years
- Enrol in Medicare
- Apply for Australian citizenship when you become eligible
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence or travel
- Travel in and out of Australia for 5 years until you become an Australian citizen
- 75% of applications is 10 months, with
In additional to application fees, there may be an additional fee applicable for secondary applicants over the age of 18 who do not have functional English, which is $4,885.
Fill our Contact Us today to check your eligibility for this visa and we will get back to you shortly.
- 90% of applications processed within 15 months.