Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 115)
The Remaining Relative 115 visa is a permanent resident visa specifically designed for those whose all near relatives have settled in Australia and they are the only person left in their home country.
The applicants must be outside Australia (offshore) at the time of lodging a visa application and when the visa is granted.
Benefits Of The 115 Visa
Being a Remaining Relative visa holder, you can:
- Live in Australia as a permanent resident
- Apply for Australian citizenship after fulfilling the criteria
- Leave and re-enter Australia frequently for five years from the date visa is granted (once you complete five years, you need to apply for another visa to return to Australia)
You can apply for this visa if:
- your and your partner’s near relatives live in Australia and they are Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident and/or eligible New Zealand citizen
- an eligible near relative or their spouse (Must be at least 18 years old) is ready to sponsor you and all family members
- have someone to provide you an assurance of support (a legal agreement to provide financial support)
- you and the dependent family members meet health and character requirements
You Will Not Be Considered Eligible For This Visa If:
- Your or your partner’s near relatives are unlawful, a holder of bridging visa and/or any temporary visa
- Your sponsor or their partner was the holder of Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835 or 115), Preferential Family visa (subclass 104) or Family Visa (subclass 806) or sponsored someone on these visas.
Who Are Eligible Near Relatives?
A near relative living in Australia must be either your:
- parent or your partner’s parent (biological or step parent)
- Child/stepchild who is 18 years of age or more and not dependent
- Child/stepchild under 18 years of age who is not in your or your partner’s daily care and control
Health & Character Requirements
You and the dependent family members in the visa applications must:
- Complete a medical examination and meet minimum requirement to pass medical exam
- Obtain police clearance from each country (you and your family members) lived in for more than 12 months in the past ten years (Only required for adult applicants who are 18 years or older)
Debts To The Australian Government
You must be free from any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.
Family Members To Include In The Visa Application
You can include following family members in your visa application:
- Your Partner
- Your or your partner child/step child
Need a consultation for this visa or assistance for migration? Contact your nearest branch in Sydney, Belgaum and Goa.