Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
Australia Department of Home Affairs introduced this new visa in replacement of the 457 Visa.
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 aims to address the shortage of the skilled workers for the employers who are unable to source the suitable talent amongst Australians by allowing recruitment of overseas pool of talent. In the process, it makes sure that the Australian workers are first preference.
To become eligible for this visa, you must
- Be sponsored by an approved business
- The nomination must be under an approved occupation
You can lodge this visa from Australia or outside of Australia.
You can work in Australia on this visa under any of the below streams
- the Short-Term stream
- the Medium-Term stream
- Labour Agreement stream
The three-step application process is:
An Application Of A Sponsorship By An Approved Business
A Nomination Application For A Skilled Position By An Approved Business
A Visa Application By The Applicant
You can travel in and out of Australia on this visa and your family member can work and study in Australia for the duration of this visa.
Eligibility Criteria For The Applicant
You must meet certain set criteria to be eligible for this visa under any stream, which are that you must:
- Have a minimum of 2-years work experience in the occupation selected
- Hold a sanctioned nomination by an approved sponsor
- Have completed any skills assessment/ Qualification requisites
- Hold a valid English language proficiency proof fulfilling the minimum language criteria
- Have a valid functional visa, a subclass 010 (Bridging A) visa, a subclass 020 (Bridging B) visa or a Subclass 030 (Bridging C) visa, if you are in Australia at the time of lodging the application
- Meet any other requirements or conditions that applies to your visa application.
- Fulfil the conditions for health and character
- Fulfil the specific requirements of the individual stream
For the Short-term stream, you will have to fulfil the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement.
Eligibility Criteria For The Nominating Employers
If you are an employer, then to be able to sponsor an overseas applicant to fill any skilled position, you must:
- Be a legally operating business in Australia
- Have a standard business sponsorship
- Pay the sponsorship fees is AUD420
The sponsorship will be valid for a period of five years from the date of its approval.
You can nominate your employee for an eligible occupation in the list of eligible skilled occupation i.e the MLTSSL or STSOL and you must:
- Submit a valid employment contract
- Pay the salary equivalent to or more than Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) for the respective occupation
- Specify the location and period of the job in the nomination
- Give the evidence of Labour Market Testing (where required)
- Pay the fees of AUD330
English Language Requirements
English language requirement for the short-term stream is of 5 Bands or equivalent overall with no less than 4.5 in each module and for the medium-term stream is of 5 Bands or equivalent overall with no less than 5.0 in each module.
Health And Character Requirements
You along with your family members included in your application must
- fulfil the requirement of heath by providing the valid medical certificates obtain within 12 months of application lodgement.
- Satisfy the character requirement by submitting the police clearance certificate
Including Family Members In Your Application
You can include your spouse and your/ your spouse’s child/ step child
Applying for any visa requires great deal of attentiveness. Your application might be subject to many conditions. To make sure you do not face any hurdles in your application and the visa process, consider seeking the advice of our Registered Migration Agents who have been working closely with the Australian migration laws since past many years and have handle the most critical of cases including the tribunal appeals.
A professional assistance will increase the chances of your successful visa approval. At Study Plus, we take pride in demonstrating highest level of professionalism. Reach out to us today and get started with your application process. (Open Inquiry Form on get started with your application process)