Training 407 Visa
Want to develop your skills to improve your professional career? Want a practical approach to maximize the potential in your current occupation?
Apply for the Training Visa to become workplace ready!
Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408)
The Temporary Activity Visa lets you carry out one of the following activities in Australia on a temporary basis.
- Undertake full-time domestic work for certain senior foreign executives
- Take part in high-level sports (including training)
- Work in the entertainment industry
- Contribute in a special programme to boost international relations and cultural exchange
- Participate in cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation
- Work or watch as an academic in a research project
- Take part in an Australian Government endorsed event
- Work as a Religious Worker
- Get employment as a super yacht crew member
- Get to work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
Benefits Of Temporary Activity Visa
- You can enter and leave Australia as many time as you want till your visa is valid
- Stay in Australia rightfully for the period of nominated position (with maximum stay of 2 years)
- Participate in work or activity specified in your application
- Bring eligible family members with you to Australia
Health & Character Requirements
- Proof of health or health examinations
- Police certificates that show you have no criminal records
Visa Applicants Requirements
- When applying from outside Australia, you must plans to stay in Australia for 3 months or less and have the provision of an organisation or individual undertaking events or activities in Australia who has passed the support test.
- You must be sponsored by an approved sponsor who have passed the sponsorship test
- You must have sufficient financial support and health insurance to cover the costs for you and your family for the duration of stay in Australia
- You must have fulfilled the criteria of the activity you have been participating under this visa
You can only sponsor someone for this visa if you are:
- An Australian organisation (a business, a corporate or incorporate body or a non-profit organisation operating legitimately in Australia)
- A government agency or a state or territory government established legally in Australia
- A foreign government agency (foreign tourists and media bureaus, consular or diplomatic mission and trade offices) lawfully operating a business in Australia
- An organisation, a foreign government agency or a government agency endorsing sports or sports events legally in Australia
- A religious foundation recognised as a charity by the Australian Tax office
- Registered in another country but have a legal business in Australia
- Captain or proprietor of super yacht or the organisation that operates a super yacht.
You must have evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application. This includes:
- Bank Statements or a letter from the financial institutions
- Employment contract
- Allowances, accommodation and the other assistance from the sponsored employer in Australia
English Language Requirement
You must demonstrate your functional English proficiency with
- Overall band score of 4.5 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or
- 32 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- 30 in PTE (Pearson Test of English)
Visa Validity Period
The validity of the Temporary Activity Visa depends on the activity you been approved for:
- For Invited Participant activity and the Australian Government Endorsed activity, the visa can be valid up to 4 years.
- For rest of the activities, the visa can be valid up to 2 years.